Saturday, February 21, 2009

Diffusion, Matrices and Sound Distortion

Not the best day so far ...  

Haven't gotten much done, but it looks like I might finish my biology report before the end of the night.  Spent much of the day looking for math help - I'm working on an IB math assignment about binomial matrices (which doesn't even show UP on Google, how useful is that), and while I understand what I'm trying to work towards, and I understand what they're giving me and how to do it, I don't know how to present what I'm trying to say, which is what is causing the problem.  I've been Googling for related matrix theory, and while there are two that obviously work (eigenvalues and Cayley-Hamilton theorem), both have too much prerequisite theory for me to work through them and understand them. Which bugs me, 'cause they're both prettier than using an "n-1" exponent.

Oh well.  I'll retackle it after the bio gets done, which should be soon ... I'm into the analysis and already have something to compare it to.


In other news, I seem to have fixed the Schtroumpf (the Acer Aspire One netbook our family owns): the sound was being distorted and it was running very slowly.  I did some (a lot) of Googling, and found one person who said to disable the Primary IDE Controller.  I did, and it works much better now!  Hopefully it will stay that way.  Hooray for the powers of Google and the limitless information of other people!



Back to the bio.  ><

No comments:

Post a Comment